We are in the midst of a fundamental change in the way that business is conducted. These changes are a result of how most of us carry out our personal day to day interactions today using mobile apps. This is leading users expecting the same ease of use and efficiency for their work related transactions. Users now expect and demand the same functionality for all their software related working, without getting into the complexities of tools, technologies, computers and infrastructure..
Most small and medium businesses today have paper based manual working for job order processes that fed into office computers, which result in all kinds of problems such as lost or damaged forms, illegible hand writing, and incomplete and incorrect filling of fields – all of which leads to time consumption and inefficiencies. In addition, such paper based work processes result in delays in information availability, lack of real time visibility, poor status updates, and payment problems and lack of meaningful analytics. Furthermore, the inefficient business processes result in poor client service and dissatisfaction for users.
With the current state of mobile app technology, there are today a new breed of mobile apps that can be used to create, assign, communicate, and manage all work order related tasks, leveraging smart phones that can get field workers, service providers, & customers all connected in real time and all on the same page. And all this can be done quickly, efficiently, and at low cost.
Here are some ways that such apps can provide value and benefits:
– Real time connectivity of all responsible parties for any work order related business process, such as for say property management or medical equipment maintenance or automobile work.
– Availability of the work order related information instantaneously for all key decision makers.
– A large reduction of time and effort for each work order to be tracked, closed and paid for.
– Increased efficiencies by the elimination of paper work and nonvalue added work steps.
– Reduced billing cycles, faster turn over, increased ROI and enhanced turn over.
– Ability to carry out all kinds of actionable anaytics to continuously improve the business.
The unique advantage of using these apps is that they leverage existing smart phones which are already being used by existing workers in most small and medium businesses. All that is needed is the quick and easy installation of a mobile app. There is no need to implement expensive and time consuming application development, installation of servers and other infrastructure nor hire the expensive resources to maintain them.
Key features of some of these apps are:
– Cloud based data storage as also offline access
– Ability create and change any kind of work order in the field
– Scanning capability for bar codes
– Picture taking facility
– Client sign off capability
– Instant visibility of all information to all parties
– Rapid follow up for billing and related processes
In the succeeding blogs, more details will be shared on how such apps work, with specific examples of the Vercx order management apps and details for different industry segments, such as for property management, medical equipment servicing and automobile related work.